“I hope that in this year to come, you make mistakes.
Because if you are making mistakes, then you are making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing your world. You're doing things you've never done before, and more importantly, you're Doing Something.
So that's my wish for you, and all of us, and my wish for myself. Make New Mistakes. Make glorious, amazing mistakes. Make mistakes nobody's ever made before. Don't freeze, don't stop, don't worry that it isn't good enough, or it isn't perfect, whatever it is: art, or love, or work or family or life.
Whatever it is you're scared of doing, Do it.
Make your mistakes, next year and forever.”
― Neil Gaiman
HIGHLIGHTS of 2016
- Harvesting honey
- Spending time with family and friends
- Getting engaged!
- 5 States visited (GA, SC, TN, Il, WI)
- 5 countries (Italy, France, Spain, Switzerland, Mexico)
GOALS for 2017
- Eat clean and intentionally.
- Visit farmer’s market every weekend.
- Plan out meals weekly
- Exercise 3x per week- YMCA or Asheville Community Yoga
GARDEN AND HONEYBEES
- Harvest our second crop of honey in September
- Split hives and order new queens
- Plant spring, summer, and fall gardens and plan out each ahead of time
- Start a portrait project.
- Start a new hobby. Knitting? Spoon carving?
- Limit time on phone and computer
- One hike every week
- Read 12 books
- Travel to DC in a couple weeks for the Women's March on Washington
- Continue to volunteer at The Lord’s Acre on Wednesday evenings
- Humane Society- I’ve been talking about this forever. Make it work.
- Asheville Folk events and happenings
- Shoot 25 weddings
- Increase income by 20%
- Attend a workshop or mentor session
- Update website
- No work on Sundays
- Reach out to more editorial gigs- magazines, local businesses, etc.
- Have a set schedule every weekday.
- Chicago > Wisconsin > Minneapolis> Badlands of SD
- South America
- Stretch goal of Iceland or Costa Rica :)